Plano, TX (May 23, 2018) – VanillaSoft, a leading sales engagement and lead management technology company, today outlined the privacy and security protections it has put into place for GDPR compliance and their commitment to helping customers meet their compliance requirements.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into effect on May 25, 2018. The GDPR is designed to strengthen the rights that individuals have over their personal data, and unifies data protection laws across Europe regardless of where the data is processed.
VanillaSoft customers typically act as the data controller for any personal data that they upload into their account, while VanillaSoft acts as the data processor on behalf of customers. Under GDPR, data controllers have a responsibility to use a data processor that provides sufficient guarantees that they are implementing appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure data processing meets GDPR requirements.
As such, VanillaSoft has put a number of data protection measures into place that will:
- Ensure that customer data put into the VanillaSoft system will only be processed in accordance with customer instructions
- Guarantee any third-party vendors pass a detailed selection process to ensure they can deliver an appropriate level of security and privacy
- Utilize state-of-the-art hosting facilities with strict access controls, multiple internet connections, and backup energy sources to ensure data security
- Engage multiple, geographically distributed data centers to minimize any effects of a regional disruption
- Carry out quarterly security scans for both network and application vulnerabilities
- Ensure that any request for data deletion is complied with quickly, and that data is permanently and irretrievably deleted
- Give users a greater degree of control over what data is stored and how it is used by partnering with key compliance software and technology solution providers
David Hood, Chief Executive Officer at VanillaSoft, said: “At VanillaSoft, we are committed as an organization to being compliant with GDPR, and to doing whatever we can to help our customers ensure their compliance as well. The technical and organizational updates and processes that we have put into place not only meet the current GDPR requirements, but go above and beyond, giving our customers peace of mind in knowing how data is being handled by VanillaSoft.”
You can find more information on VanillaSoft and our commitment to GDPR compliance on our website.
VanillaSoft, the industry’s most successful sales engagement platform, helps sales development teams engage over 10,000,000 contacts every month. Used standalone, or in combination with existing traditional CRM systems, VanillaSoft empowers sales reps to respond to new leads faster, interact with leads more consistently, across more channels, and generate more qualified sales opportunities. Globally, thousands of users employ VanillaSoft’s queue-based sales engine and intellective routing to implement sales cadence automation resulting in substantial gains in speed-to-lead, persistency, productivity and revenue-per-rep. VanillaSoft is a privately held company headquartered in Plano, Texas, USA. To learn more, visit www.vanillasoft.com.